How will your claim be managed?
If you have logged a claim with us here is what will happen next…
- First we take all your details like your name, insurance company, policy details, a description of the damage and address at which the claim occurred. If you are reading this you have probably already provided everything we need to get started.
- Next we will contact your insurance company to confirm that your policy covers the claim. We will also confirm your policy excess, the amount you have to pay yourself towards the claim.
- Once we have confirmed that your policy covers the damage, we will assign an engineer to visit your property and identify costs for repair. He will review the damage and discuss details about the repair with you. Under your policy we are only allowed to provide a like for like replacement but if you want additional work or upgrades (e.g. better windows) then tell the engineer and let us know and we will provide costs to you separately for the enhancements at a very competitive price. Often we can include small upgrades free of charge so please ask.
- Once we have all the costs and have agreed th scope of works with you we will once again confirm them with your insurance company and, in most cases, will be able to authorise the repair as soon as we have received payment of your policy excess. This will be deducted from your insurance claim in accordance with your policy and serves as a deposit. Paying by card or bank transfer is the quickest way to get the claim moving but you can also send us a cheque.
- If the claim is over a certain amount (depending on the insurance company) we may have to refer the claim to a loss adjuster. We will let you know if this is the case. Sometimes a loss adjuster is appointed on larger claims and they may wish to visit you and review the damage for themselves to ensure it is covered by the policy
- We will then arrange a suitable date for the repair to take place. Our dedicated office staff will manage every part of the claim and if you have any questions at any time email or call us. See our CONTACTS PAGE.
- It is important that you tell us about any changes / issues as soon straight away so that we can resolve them while the engineer is on site. Don’t be afraid to call us and ask questions, we want you to be completely happy with your repair and we pride ourselves on our service so please call if you have any questions at all.
- Once the work is complete you will be asked to sign the satisfaction note on at the point of completion by the engineer on site. We will also ask you to complete a short ONLINE SURVEY and you will be entered into our prize draw for a shopping voucher for taking the time to do so.
- All of our work is covered by our comprehensive guarantee against faulty workmanship and materials so even if you find an issue after the work has completed just call us and we will send an engineer out to make any adjustments if required
- And that’s it! We ensure your claim is closed with your insurance company and all you need to do is enjoy your newly repaired property.